Conference & Workshop Organisation
- IASH/Royal Society of Edinburgh Workshop on “Rethinking Risk” – Co-organiser (with Dr Lee Whittington), 21 April 2017
- 3rd Annual Conference of the European Philosophical Society for the Study of Emotions – International steering committee, 2016
- 2nd Annual Conference of the European Philosophical Society for the Study of Emotions – Local organiser & funding chair, 2015
We welcomed delegates from 28 countries to Edinburgh for the first large-scale international conference in Britain on the philosophy of emotions. This year’s conference featured symposia and themed sessions on the Cognitive Science of Emotions, Emotion and Rationality, Emotions and Law, Politics & Society, and the History of Emotion, among many other exciting talks and panels.
Check out our programme here.
- 2015 Royal Society of Edinburgh · Susan Manning Workshop – Lead organiser (collaborating with Dr Clarisse Godard Desmarest, Université de Picardie Jules Verne) of an RSE-funded workshop on the theme of “Cultural Mediation: Arts, Minds, and Emotions”, held at the University of Edinburgh's Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities.
- 16th Annual British Postgraduate Philosophy Association Conference – Co-organiser/Deputy Chair, responsible for funding, all logistics, and communication across departments and 11 conference spaces for this 4-day international conference. A comprehensive advertising campaign resulted in the highest number of paper submissions, and the largest number of delegates to date.
- "Philosophy in the Playground" - Outreach and public engagement support through EIDYN: The Edinburgh Centre for Epistemology, Mind and Normativity, 2014
- Society for Women in Philosophy and the Society for Applied Philosophy – Panel organiser for “Philosophy inside/outside Academia Careers Day” at the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 2012
- Edinburgh Postgraduate Epistemology Conference - Referee, 2011
9th Annual Northern Association for Ancient Philosophy Conference - Assisted with conference administration and logistics, 2009
Edinburgh Philosophy Undergraduate and Postgraduate Conference - Referee, 2008
Invited respondent for the American Society for Aesthetics, the Ancient Philosophy Society, and the Canadian Colloquium for Ancient Philosophy annual conferences
- Co-Organiser: Aesthetics Reading Group (with Nicole Hall and Gabriele Meloni), Nietzsche Symposium (with Lee John Whittington)
Founder and Co-Organiser: Ancient Philosophy Reading Group (with Thomas Giourgas)
- Participant: Ancient Epistemology, Bioethics, Ethics, Evaluating Intellectual Virtue, Interdisciplinary Emotions Research, Legal & Political Philosophy (including a study of Gardner’s Offences and Defences), Philosophy of Feminism